........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Thursday 8 February 2018

Manufacturing And Non-News

Like many folk, one thing
that gets under my skin
that I wish would not
is modern advertising.

When I read my news online
I have to dodge my way past repeats
of multiples of flashing images
for the latest this and that,
which block the screen and disappear
such that the easily confused
can't go online to find their news;
the adverts destroy their concentration.

What none of those dodging their way
past being zapped would realize
is that there is a continuity of intent
in what they are dodging/reading.

Newspapers of old, up to the 1950's,
particularly 'quality' broadsheets,
did not put to news up front and first
but filled their front pages with promotions
for the products of the day by manufacturers.



e   

No comments:

Post a Comment