........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Tuesday 13 June 2017

A Small Personal Triumph

Today I was rung by yet another cold caller,
another man conducting another consumer survey.
Another man who was 'just doing his job'
and was tired of being paid to be told what to say.

The background noise before he spoke
was what alerted me to his craft. I told him
what his was work was and politely said
'I have no wish to be surveyed'.

On hearing this he swore at me.
Then put the phone down, quite hard,
without even reading me out my name
from the screen that was in front of him,
which instructed as to what to say, and not say.
.
How do call call centres expect their sales pitches
to work when their tele-sales operators are slow
to start to speak and to listen they have to compete
against the background noise of other tele-sales staff?

No comments:

Post a Comment